The Fall 2023 Transfer Academy Application is now closed.
The Spring 2024 Membership Application will open on October 30, 2023.
The Transfer Academy at Barstow Community College is a program designed to aid students in transferring to a four-year university. Its primary goal is to provide students with the necessary information to make well-informed decisions about their future plans. This program strives to ensure a seamless transition for all students from BCC to a four-year university.
- To increase the number and proportion of students who commit to transfer as an educational goal, especially disproportionately impacted populations.
- To increase the number of students who apply for, receive acceptance to, and enroll in a four-year institution, especially disproportionately impacted populations.
- Attend a mandatory monthly meeting.
- Meet with two (2) university representatives per semester.
- Complete two (2) virtual or in-person campus tours per semester.
- Meet with the Transfer Academy counselor at least once per semester.
- Have a willingness to mentor others.
- Stay committed to an educational goal of transferring to a 4-year university.
Benefits of Joining STEP:
- Up to $200 in textbook assistance (based on financial need)
- Up to $280 in 4-year university application fees (must be a member for 1 semester prior to applying for admission to a university to qualify)
- Up to $50 in school supplies assistance
- Priority registration (Tier 2) for BCC classes
- Free official transcripts for all universities applied to
- First priority to sign up for trips/tours hosted by the Transfer & Career Center
- Increased chance of receiving scholarships and internships
- Close academic and social interaction with other BCC students and alumni-build a network of peers with similar goals
For more information on joining Transfer Academy, email firstname.lastname@example.org