Skip to main content

Enroll for Fall 2024! View the schedule of classes

Learn More

Financial Aid

If you need help with the cost of attending college, the Financial Aid Office is here to help you. The first step is completing the correct application.

Complete the FAFSA online using Barstow Community College school code 001119 if you are:

  • U.S. citizen
  • Eligible noncitizen with an eight or nine digit Alien Registration Number (ARN)
    • U.S. permanent resident, with a Permanent Resident Card (formerly known as an Alien Registration Receipt Card or "Green Card")
    • Conditional permanent resident (I-551C)
    • Other eligible noncitizen with an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) from the Department of Homeland Security showing any one of the following designations: "Refugee," "Asylum Granted," "Indefinite Parole," "Humanitarian Parole," or "Cuban-Haitian Entrant"
    • A citizen of the Republic of Palau (PW), the Republic of the Marshall Islands (MH), or the Federated States of Micronesia (FM).


Complete the California Dream act online using Barstow Community College school code 001119 if you meet the AB540 requirements and are:

  • Undocumented
  • Have a valid or expired DACA
  • Have a Social Security Card that states “valid for work only with DHS authorization”
  • U Visa holder
  • Under Temporary Protected Status (TPS)

You are not eligible to complete the California Dream Act if you are a temporary non-immigrant visa holder (except U Visa holders).

“The information provided via the California Dream Act Application is used solely to determine eligibility for state financial aid and isn't shared with the federal government or used for immigration enforcement purposes. BCC and CSAC will protect this information to the fullest extent of the law."


I am a non-U.S. citizen. Can I get federal student aid?

Check with your college or career school’s financial aid office for more information. You are considered an “eligible noncitizen” if you fall into certain categories, such as the ones listed below:

1. You are a

  • U.S. national (includes natives of American Samoa or Swains Island) or
  • U.S. permanent resident with a Form I-551, I-151, or I-551C (Permanent Resident Card, Resident Alien Card, or Alien Registration Receipt Card), also known as a "green card."

2. You have an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) from U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services (USCIS) showing*

  • “Refugee,”
  • “Asylum Granted,”
  • “Cuban-Haitian Entrant,”
  • “Conditional Entrant” (valid only if issued before April 1, 1980), or
  • “Parolee” (you must be paroled for at least one year, and you must be able to provide evidence from the USCIS that you are in the United States for other than a temporary purpose with the intention of becoming a U.S. citizen or permanent resident).

3. You hold a T nonimmigrant status ("T-visa") (for victims of human trafficking) or your parent holds a T-1 nonimmigrant status. Your college or career school’s financial aid office will ask to see your visa and/or certification letter from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.*

4. You are a “battered immigrant-qualified alien” who is a victim of abuse by your citizen or permanent resident spouse, or you are the child of a person designated as such under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA).*

5. You are a citizen of the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, or the Republic of Palau. If this is the case, you may be eligible for only certain types of federal student aid:

*To qualify for federal student aid, certain eligible noncitizens must be able to provide evidence from the USCIS that they are in the United States for other than a temporary purpose with the intention of becoming a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.

For more information visit:

Section 601 of Title VI provides that no person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.


Financial Aid assists students to obtain their academic, career, and personal goals by providing financial information and resources.