Skip to main content

Enroll for Fall 2024! View the schedule of classes

Learn More

Associate Degrees for Transfer

California Community Colleges are now offering associate degrees for transfer to the CSU. These may include Associate in Arts (AA-T) or Associate in Science (AS-T) degrees. These degrees are designed to provide a clear pathway to a CSU major and baccalaureate degree.

California Community College students who are awarded an AA-T or AS-T degree are guaranteed admission with junior standing somewhere in the CSU system and given priority admission consideration (usually through a slight GPA bump) to their local CSU campus or to a program that is deemed similar to their community college major. This priority does not guarantee admission to a specific major or campus. 

Students who have been awarded an AA-T or AS-T are able to complete their remaining requirements for the 120-unit baccalaureate degree within 60 semester or 90 quarter units. Not all CSU campuses accept all of the AA-T/AS-T degrees. To view the most current list of Barstow Community College Associate Degrees for Transfer and to find out which CSU campuses accept each degree you should meet with a Barstow Community College counselor and also visit the websites listed below.

Transfer Counseling:

It is important to understand that the AA-T/AS-T degree is designed specifically for transfer and is different than other types of associate degrees offered at Barstow Community College. If we do not offer an AA-T/AS-T degree for your major you can still transfer to a CSU. Barstow Community College students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review their options for transfer and to develop an educational plan that best meets their goals and needs. Proper planning early is essential to make sure you meet all of the transfer requirements.

AA-T/AS-T Websites: