Welcome to the Office of Student Life at Barstow Community College (BCC). At BCC we believe the co-curricular (outside of the classroom) experience should match the curricular (inside the classroom) experience creating a holistic student experience.
The Office of Student Life provides programming experiences and support that help develop transferable skills for our Viking Students. Through sponsored services, programs, and events, BCC students are provided opportunities for exploring and developing talents, making friends, realizing personal potential, and experiencing a sense of community at the College.
- Are you interested in Associated Student Government (ASG)?
- Student Government at BCC is represented by the ASG. The Administrative Officers (President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Region IX Senator and Student Trustee) as well as the six Student Senators are elected annually. As an ASG member, you will receive practical leadership training and education as well as the opportunity to participate in various college-wide committees and task forces to ensure the students have a voice on campus. These opportunities also provide the student the opportunity to participate in decision and policy-making processes at the college.
- Interested in joining a club? Interested in starting a club?
- BCC offers several different student clubs: academic clubs, community service clubs, cultural clubs, political clubs, and various social and recreational clubs. If you don't find a club that interests you, you can start a new one! Just follow the link for the application.
STUDENT IDENTIFICATION CARD
Students must be in possession of their student ID card while on main campus or Fort Irwin. The ID card can be obtained in the Student Services Building/Welcome Center Monday thru Thursday 10am to 4pm. The ID card is required for the Library, Fitness Lab, and Computer Lab services. After-hour arrangements can be made by calling (760) 252-2411 ext. 7374
Student Representation Fee Waiver
The Student Representation Fee is a mandatory $2 fee charged to all students each semester for purposes of providing Associate Student Government representatives the means to represent BCC students before the city, county, district, state, and federal government as well as public agencies.
Student Activities Fee
This $10 fee supports the many student organizations/clubs on campus, as well as academic, cultural, and social events and activities offered by the Associated Student Government at BCC. The fee also supports a variety of discounts for students.
Student Activities Fee Waiver
Students must submit the waiver no later than the published fee payment deadline or within one week of registering for classes if registering in late starting classes. The fee cannot be waived once paid or after these deadlines.
Campus Game Room and Lounge
- Currently open and under construction. We are trying to update our student areas to provide a more relaxing experience for you while you are on campus. If you have any suggestions as to how we can improve these rooms, please send an email to email@example.com.
- The kitchen is currently closed but we are offering cold beverages and snacks in our vending machines at this time. However, starting in September 2022 there will be Food Trucks from local vendors on campus Monday - Thursday from 11am to 2pm. The Food Trucks are open to everyone and will be parked on the Main Campus next to the K Building.
1. Promote Student Leadership: Student leaders, in collaboration with their respective organization members such as student government, clubs, and/or campus departments will plan, develop and implement meaningful student activities that promote and educate the community
2. Student Engagement: Develop activities, events, and programs designed for the social, cultural, instructional, and leadership development of students.