The Counseling Department offers counseling, educational planning, and other services to assist students in achieving their educational goals at BCC. Counselors assist with short and long-term education planning as well as helping students make informed choices regarding career, transfer, and personal enrichment. Furthermore, counselors verify course requirements so that students meet graduation requirements, course prerequisites, and eligibility for transfer to four-year universities.
Counseling Mission: The BCC Counseling Department provides essential academic, career, and personal counseling services to a diverse and ever-changing student population. We are committed to meeting the needs of students and the community while serving in an innovative and equitable manner.
Counselors assist students with the following:
- Developing Student Education Plans via The Compass
- Interpretation of English and Math Placement
- Career Exploration and Planning
- Transfer Assistance and Planning
- Personal Counseling
- Campus and Community Referrals
- Academic/Progress Probation Counseling
- Student Success Strategies