The Fall 2022 STEP Application is now open.
The deadline to submit your application is
Friday, August 26, 2022.
Click HERE to submit your application!
The Barstow Community College Student Transfer Enhancement Program (STEP) is a support program within the Transfer & Career Center designed to enhance the transfer of all students. STEP’s goal is to provide students with the necessary knowledge to make informed decisions in their development of a plan that ensures a successful transition from BCC to a four-year university.
- To increase the number and proportion of students who commit to transfer as an educational goal, especially disproportionately impacted populations.
- To increase the number of students who apply for, receive acceptance to, and enroll in a four-year institution, especially disproportionately impacted populations.
- Attend a mandatory bi-monthly meeting
- Meet with three (3) university representatives per semester
- Complete three (3) virtual campus tours per semester
- Meet with the STEP counselor once per semester
- Have a willingness to mentor others
- Stay committed to educational goal to transfer to a 4-year university
Benefits of Joining STEP:
- Up to $200 in textbook assistance (based off financial need)
- Up to $280 in 4-year university application fee’s (must be a member for 1 semester prior to applying for admission to a university)
- Up to $50 in school supplies assistance
- Priority registration (Tier 2) for BCC classes
- Free official transcripts for all universities applied to
- First priority to sign up for trips/tours hosted by the Transfer & Career Center
- Increased chance of receiving scholarships and internships
- Close academic and social interaction with other BCC students and alumni-build a network of peers with similar goals
For more information on joining STEP, email email@example.com