Skip to main content

Enroll for Fall 2024! View the schedule of classes

Learn More


Frequently Asked Questions

All students are encouraged to complete the  Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and contact the Barstow Community  College Financial Aid Office to determine eligibility.

YES, if you plan on continuing to use your G.I. Bill benefits for the next term, you must notify the V.A. Certifying official. You will be required to complete a Request for V.A. Benefits form. This form must be submitted each semester, after enrolling in your courses, if you plan to utilize your benefits.

Additional information can be found on the Getting Started Using G.I. Bill Benefits - Continuing Students page.

Yes. In order to maintain the benefits, you MUST be in courses that are directly related to your objective or degree. You must maintain a current V.A. Education Plan with the Counseling Department and provide a copy to the V.A. Certifying Official in the Financial Aid Office.

Chapters 35 benefit recipients will receive a check mailed to the home address or post office box on file with the V.A. All other chapters may elect to receive monies via direct deposit. To setup direct deposit, call 1.888.442.4551. If a bank account is not available the V.A. will mail a check to the home address or post office box on file with the V.A.

The V.A. Certifying Official will keep the Veterans Administration apprised of your status. However, it is imperative that you notify us of any changes in your enrollment status, address, major, objective etc. in a timely manner. You may do so by visiting the Financial Aid Office or by e-mail at

Additional information can be found on the Getting Started Using G.I. Bill Benefits page.

You will be contacted by mail to determine whether your “F” is due to a lack of attendance or the inability to complete the coursework up to passing standards. If the “F” was given for attendance reasons, you will be required to notify the V.A. Certifying Official of your last date of attendance which will be reported to the Veterans Administration. This may result in an over-payment.

Students are urged to take advantage of tutorial assistance as soon as academic difficulties begin.

Note: You may not claim benefits for a course in which you have received two substandard grades.