The Associate of Science in Business degree focuses on the study of Business and allows the student to obtain a fundamental background in business principles and techniques, or a focus on specific areas or specialties. Students can obtain a degree with a focus in four areas: Management, Accounting, Entrepreneurship, and General Business. Each focus area shares a core of business courses that provide a foundation for a business career with an emphasis on ethics and collaboration.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of the 21st century skills common to the contemporary business environment.
• Speak and write business communications efficiently and effectively.
• Demonstrate a basic understanding of monetary and legal aspects business.
- Employment for the business occupational group is expected to increase by 10% between 2017 and 2022 in the Inland Empire/ Desert Region. More than 14,00 job openings will be available over the five-year timeframe.
- The entry-level wage for each occupation in the business occupational group is above the MIT Living Wage estimate of $12.30 per hour for a single adult living in the Inland Empire /Desert Region.
- There appears to be opportunity for program expansion based on the average annual number of programs completions for the selected community college programs (704 average annual community college awards, 15 other institutional awards, 719 awards total), and the annual openings for business occupations un the region (2,823 annual job openings).