Skip to main content

Enroll for Fall 2024! View the schedule of classes

Learn More

Course Substitution

A course substitution is the process of receiving formal approval from the Student Services department to use one or more courses to satisfy specific course requirements in a major for an Associate Degree or Associate Degree for Transfer at Barstow Community College. An official substitution form must be submitted and approved prior to being posted to the student's transcript. The substitution approval is not applicable to other majors. Substitution petitions are required for all potential courses used for an Associate Degree for Transfer major taken at private or out-of-state colleges and universities or at the University of California and may also be required for courses taken at a California State University or at other California Community Colleges. Students are advised to seek guidance from a counselor for a review of their other college transcripts to determine where substitutions are appropriate.