Welcome 2nd Year Students! Promise 2.0 has expanded to offer program benefits to students in their 2nd year at Barstow Community College. Students must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for the 2nd year of Promise.
- Completed all 1st Year Promise Program requirements
- Completed 30 or more units prior to the start of the 2nd year
- Maintained a minimum 2.0 GPA
- Maintained full-time enrollment during the first year
- Attend mandatory 2nd Year orientation
- Enroll as a full-time student for year two
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 units per semester in year two
If you have not completed 30 units by the end of Spring 2021, you may complete required units in Summer 2021.
ADDITIONAL PROGRAM BENEFITS
- Eligible for laptop if 1st Year program requirements have been met
- Eligible for Egift cards and raffle prizes
- “Virtual lounge” to get to know fellow students
- Professional networking opportunities
- “End of Semester Recognition Event”
2nd Year Barstow College Promise Students are required to participate in a MANDATORY program orientation conducted in a virtual format. These sessions are set up to ensure students learn about 2nd year program requirements, benefits and future events or activities.
For the fall 2020 term, orientation must be completed by September 1st, 2020.
Once program eligibility requirements have been met, advisors will email you the orientation link. Please be sure your contact information is updated in Admissions and Records.NOTE:
If you enroll in classes after the semester has started (late start classes), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional program information.
Please select the link below to see all requirements for 2nd Year Promise students for the Fall 2020 term.