Welcome 2nd Year Students! Promise 2.0 has expanded to offer program benefits to students in their 2nd year at Barstow Community College. Students must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for the 2nd year of Promise.
- Completed all 1st Year Promise Program requirements
- Completed 30 or more units prior to the start of the 2nd year
- Maintained a minimum 2.0 GPA
- Maintained full-time enrollment during the first year
- Attend mandatory 2nd Year overview
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 units per semester in year two
NOTE: If you have not completed 30 units by the end of Spring, you may complete required units in Summer
ADDITIONAL PROGRAM BENEFITS
- Eligible for Egift cards and raffle prizes
- Up to $200 textbook voucher
- Professional networking opportunities
- Access to Student Success Workshops
2nd Year Barstow College Promise Students are required to participate in a MANDATORY program overview conducted in a virtual format. These sessions are set up to ensure students learn about 2nd year program requirements, benefits, and future events or activities.
For the Fall 2021 term, the overview must be completed by September 1st, 2021.
Once program eligibility requirements have been met, advisors will email you the overview link. Please be sure your contact information is updated in Admissions and Records.
If you enroll in classes after the semester has started (late start classes), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (760) 252-6769 for additional program information.