Barstow Community College will provide up to 256 - $500 one-time student emergency aid grants during the 2021 spring semester. Funding for the Finish Line Scholars Program is provided through a grant received from the Foundation for California Community Colleges that was donated by the Jay Pritzker Foundation.
The goal of the Finish Line Scholars Program is to support students to ensure they stay on track with their education and complete a degree, certificate, or transfer to a four-year college or university. The program is intended to help eliminate regional educational gaps through distribution of emergency financial aid to students facing unexpected hardships and scholarships to students who are well on their way toward a finish line goal of transferring to a college or university or completing a certificate or degree.
Who is Eligible for a Finish Line Scholars Program Grant?
- Students must be enrolled at Barstow Community College during the 2021 spring semester. (Late start classes are not considered "enrolled" until the start date.)
- Students cannot be dual-enrolled high school students.
- Have unmet need as determined by submission of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid or the California Dream Act (for more information visit http://www.barstow.edu/Financial-Aid.html)
- Submit the Spring 2021 – Finish Line Emergency Aid application and indicate a financial need.
To apply for Finish Line Scholars Program – Emergency Aid please register for an account, sign in, and select Start Application. Please be sure to use your correct B Number and my.barstow.edu email address.
Applicants will not be judged based on residential status, academic standing, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, or sexual orientation.
Finish Line Scholars Program Grant Process
- Students will complete the Finish Line Scholars Program (Student Emergency Aid) Grant application.
- All spaces must be filled in properly.
- Submit the completed application.
- Barstow Community College reserves the right to request documentation of hardship beyond the student’s control.
- Once the application has been reviewed, you will either be contacted for additional information/documentation or notified of your award or denial.
Finish Line Scholars Program Grant Awarding Timelines
Application Submission Deadline
Friday, March 5, 2021
Friday, March 19, 2021
All funding has been exhausted for 2020-21.
Awarding of grants will continue until funds have all been expended or no later than June 30, 2021.
Students will be notified via email regarding approval or denial to their my.barstow.edu email address.
Barstow Community College is committed to ensuring both the academic and personal success of each and every student. All staff are dedicated to the well-being of Barstow Community College students, and a concerted effort will be made to ensure emergency financial aid funds are promoted.
Other Emergency Aid Resources for Students
Barstow Community College offers students many services to ensure their basic needs are met including food, transportation, and emergency grants.
For assistance: email email@example.com or call (760) 252-6801
Additional program information: http://www.barstow.edu/Special-Programs-and-Services.html
The Homeless and Housing Insecurity Program supports students through rapid rehousing and housing stabilization. Emergency one-time assistance is available to prevent the imminent loss of housing or to secure housing.
The Mindful Space provides our students with individual psychotherapy, coaching, group therapy, assessment, crisis intervention, consultation, and referrals to additional services in the community. All services are free to BCC students.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 760-252-6875
Additional program information: http://www.barstow.edu/Mental_Health.html