Skip to main content

Enroll for Summer and Fall 2024! View the schedule of classes

Learn More


Welcome to CalWORKs

Calworks Logo


The California Community Colleges CalWORKs Program is a state-funded program that assists current cash aid recipients in achieving long-term self-sufficiency through the attainment of higher education. At Barstow Community College, the CalWORKs Program aims to assist you with educational and career planning, as well as serving as a liaison to the county.


CalWORKs Program Eligibility:

Students must meet all of the following:

  • Be a California resident
  • Receive CalWORKs cash aid for themselves
  • Enrolled as a part-time student each Fall and Spring (6 or more units)


CalWORKs Program Services:

A student participating in the CalWORKs program at BCC can receive the following services:

  • Academic and personal counseling
  • Priority registration
  • Work-study opportunities
  • Career-focused workshops
  • Resume and interview assistance
  • Textbook assistance
  • Transportation assistance
  • School supplies
  • County liaison services


CalWORKs Student Voices