Barstow College Promise Program
Welcome, New Promise Students! We are excited to announce that Promise 2.0 has expanded to include ALL eligible first-time, full-time students!
Barstow College Promise 2.0 is a two-year program designed to help you get on a path to a college education and prepare you for your future. OUR PROMISE to you is to make your first TWO YEARS of community college as DEBT FREE as possible.
You can become a Promise student if you meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be a full-time student interested in pursuing a career technical certificate, Associate degree, or Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT)
- Must be a California resident or AB540 eligible college student
- Must be interested in enrolling in 12 units each semester for 2 years at Barstow Community College
- Enrollment fees paid for TWO years
- Students completing a minimum of 12 units per semester with a minimum GPA of 2.0, will receive a grant covering all enrollment fees for any gap left after applying for financial aid.
- Priority registration in Fall and Spring semesters
- Textbook Vouchers and/or school supplies
- Students who qualify for EOPS will receive these benefits through EOPS
- College counseling to assist with academic and career goals
- Ongoing support from Student Success Advisors
- Eligible students are able to be a part of multiple programs and take advantage of a variety of services simultaneously.
- EOPS (Extended Opportunity Programs & Services)
- ACCESS (Accessibility Coordination Center and Educational Support Services)
- TLSC (Teaching & Learning Support Center.
- VETS (Veterans Education and Transition Support) Program
- Adult Education
- Associated Student Government & Student Life,
- Food Pantry
- Student Services Tutorials
Book vouchers and school supplies are subject to available funding.
HOW TO JOIN PROMISE
Step 1: Apply to BCC
Step 2: Apply for Financial Aid
Step 3: Complete BCC orientation and education planning
Step 4: Register for classes