What is The Barstow College Promise, And Why 2.0?
Welcome, Future Promise Students! Barstow College Promise 2.0 is a two-year program designed to help you get on a path to a college education and prepare you for your future. OUR PROMISE to you is to make your first TWO YEARS of community college as DEBT FREE as possible. Barstow College Promise once was only available to recent high school graduates, but we are excited to announce that Promise 2.0 has expanded to include ALL eligible first-time, full-time students!
You can become a Promise student if you meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be a full-time student interested in pursuing a career technical certificate, Associate degree, or Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT)
- Must be a first-time college student
- Must be a California resident or AB540 eligible college student
- Must be interested in enrolling in at least 12 units each semester for 2 years at Barstow Community College
- Enrollment fees paid for TWO years
- Students completing a minimum of 12 units per semester with a minimum GPA of 2.0 will receive a grant covering all enrollment fees for any gap left after applying for financial aid.
- Priority registration in Fall and Spring semesters
- Textbook Vouchers and/or school supplies
- Students who qualify for EOPS will receive these benefits through EOPS
- College counseling to aid with academic and career goals
- Ongoing support from Student Success Advisors
- Eligible students can be a part of multiple programs and take advantage of a variety of services simultaneously.
- All students are able to take advantage of additional campus services, free of charge:
NOTE: Book vouchers and school supplies are subject to available funding.
HOW TO JOIN PROMISE
Step 1: Apply to BCC
Step 2: Apply for Financial Aid
Step 4: Register for classes