Federal Work Study provides part-time jobs for undergraduate and graduate students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to the student’s course of study.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the appropriate aid year using our Federal School Code (001119)
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Be enrolled at least part-time
- Minimum of 6 units for the fall and spring semesters
- Minimum of 3 units for the summer semester (if work study is offered during the summer)
- Have unmet need
- Maintain an acceptable SAP (Satisfactory Academic Progress) status
- Submit all outstanding Financial Aid requirements
- Submit a Work Study application
Work Study Job Opportunities are part-time positions. The maximum number of hours allowed to work per week is capped at 20 hours.
Work Study jobs are paid at the Federal Minimum Wage rate or at the State minimum wage rate, if higher.
Work Study jobs are based off of funding being made available. Applying and meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee a job.
How to Apply
The Work Study Application has recently moved to a paper form to an online application process. You can apply for Work Study positions by completing the Student Worker – General application found on our Web Site.
Please review the Work Study Application Guide for assistance with completing the online Work Study Application.
- If interested in a Student Worker/Tutorial position, please complete the online Student Worker – Tutor application instead of the Student Worker – General Application.
- Other Work Study opportunities are available as well in addition to FWS positions. Complete the Student Worker – General Application.
- If you are a Dreamer student, please be sure to complete the appropriate Dream Act Application before applying for a Work Study position. Be sure to add our School Code (001119).