The New Student Orientation provides an introduction to college life and includes the following topics:
- Information on the steps you must take to become a student at Barstow Community College.
- An Introduction to the support services provided to students at BCC.
- Information on certificate programs, Associate Degree requirements, and transfer requirements to four-year colleges and universities.
- Tips on how to be successful in college
- An introduction to Student Life and Activities
- Information on important policies governing student conduct and rights
Orientation is MANDATORY for all new students at BCC. Students who do not complete Orientation will not be able to participate in the assessment/placement process required for registration into many classes. Your Orientation requirement may only be met by completing orientation Online.
Online orientation will take about one hour of your time, but can be completed in more than one visit. Computers are available in the TLSC to complete the online orientation. You will need a set of earphones for the audible portions of the orientation. If you do not own a pair, the TLSC has loaners available.
To Begin Go To:
New Student Online Orientation - You must use this link if you plan to attend BCC and wish to go onto the next step in the enrollment process. You must have already applied to the college to participate in the Online Orientation as a new student to BCC.
New Student Handbook:
BCC publishes a New Student Handbook that is available online. The handbook provides additional information about the areas in the New Student Online Orientation. You may view the online version by following the link below.
Orientation for Prospective Students and Guests:
You may also review the online orientation as a "guest". The "guest" option is available for prospective students and community members to find out more about Barstow Community College without applying to the college.