You can become a 1st Year Promise student if you meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be a full-time student interested in pursuing a career technical certificate, Associate degree and Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT)
- Must be a California resident or AB540 eligible college student
- Must be interested in enrolling in 12 units each semester for 2 years at Barstow Community College
ADDITIONAL PROGRAM BENEFITS
- Dedicated Math, English and Student Development courses for 1st year students
- Eligible for Egift cards and raffle prizes
- “Virtual lounge” to get to know fellow students
- Professional networking opportunities
- “End of Semester Recognition Event”
New Barstow College Promise Students are required to participate in a MANDATORY program orientation conducted in a virtual format. Orientations are set up to ensure students learn about program requirements, benefits and future events or activities.
For the fall 2020 term, orientation must be completed by September 1st, 2020.
Once program eligibility requirements have been met, advisors will email you the orientation link. Please be sure your contact information is updated in Admissions and Records.
If you enroll in classes after the semester has started (late start classes), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional program information.
1st YEAR PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS/ACTIVITIES
Please select the link below to see all requirements for 1st Year Promise students for the Fall 2020 term.
|Program Overview-English||Program Overview-Spanish|