You can become a 1st Year Promise student if you meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be a full-time student interested in pursuing a career technical certificate, Associate degree and Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT)
- Must be a California resident or AB540 eligible college student
- Must be interested in enrolling in 12 units each semester for 2 years at Barstow Community College
ADDITIONAL PROGRAM BENEFITS
- Dedicated Math, English and Student Development courses for 1st year students
- Eligible for Egift cards and raffle prizes
- Professional networking opportunities
- Access to Student Success Workshops
New Barstow College Promise Students are required to participate in a MANDATORY program overview. Overviews are set up to ensure students learn about program requirements, benefits, and future events or activities.
For the Fall 2021 term, overview must be completed before any program benefits become active.
Once program eligibility requirements have been met, advisors will email you to schedule an overview. Please be sure your contact information is updated in Admissions and Records.
If you enroll in classes after the semester has started (late start classes), please contact us at email@example.com or (760) 252-6769 for additional program information.
1st YEAR PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS/ACTIVITIES
Please select the link below to see all requirements for 1st Year Promise students for the Fall 2020 term.
|Program Overview-English||Program Overview-Spanish|