ACCREDITATION AT BARSTOW COMMUNITY COLLEGE...
2014 Follow-Up Report #2
- Letter from ACCJC dated July 3, 2014
- Visiting Team Report from March 25–26, 2014
- BCC FOLLOW-UP REPORT #2 to the Commission, February 28, 2014
2013 Follow-Up Report #1
- Letter from ACCJC dated July 3, 2013
- Visiting Team Report from April 15–16, 2013
- BCC FOLLOW-UP REPORT #1 to the Commission, February 28, 2013
2012 Commission Response to BCC Self-Evaluation Report
Barstow Community College is fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (10 Commercial Blvd., Suite 204, Novato, CA 94949, Phone (415) 506-0234), an institutional accrediting body recognized by The Commission of Recognition of Post-Secondary Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. Accreditation refers to the process of evaluating and assuring as reliable quality of instruction and service in higher education. Accredited institutions meet or exceed a set of rigorous standards including:
- Institutional Mission and Effectiveness (Standard I);
- Student Learning Program and Services (Standard II);
- Resources (Standard III); and
- Leadership and Governance (Standard IV).
The accreditation pages are designed to apprise the Barstow College community and the public at large of the College's accreditation efforts and activities. Information on the most recent accreditation review can be accessed via the links on the top of this page. We invite you to learn more about our accreditation process and what we are doing to assure quality higher education in the high desert.