Provide administrative and managerial support to the Vice President
of Academic Affairs in the leadership, development, direction, supervision
and evaluation of vocational, occupational, tech-prep, continuing
education, customized contract training, apprenticeship, co-operative
education, small business, and workplace literacy.
Reporting to the Vice President of Academic Affairs, the holder
of this position will be assigned the following responsibilities:
- Administer the District’s vocational, occupational and/or
- Coordinate curriculum planning with the Vice President of Academic
Affairs and the Curriculum Committee.
- Maintain a high profile with the industrial, business, labor,
education, defense and governmental constituencies of the District
for the purposes of providing credit and non-credit programs,
classes and services.
- Conduct program reviews to determine the demand for new credit
and non-credit programs, classes and services. Review existing
offerings to insure relevance and currency.
- Supervise assigned staff and coordinate the delivery of programs,
curriculum, classes and services.
- Establish and chair advisory groups for programs and services
- Assist in the development of grant proposals to provide unique
funding to the College from outside governmental and private agencies.
- Develop goals and strategies for accomplishing assigned responsibility;
actively participate in College strategic and annual planning
processes; develop personal professional development goals.
- Serve as campus evening supervisor on a rotational basis with
other administrative personnel.
See job description for complete listing of duties
- Successful organizational leadership, team building, staff development
and communication techniques.
- Vocational, occupational, military or community based educational
- On-line instructional delivery.
- Budget development and implementation at a division level.
- Employment and facility contract implementation and management.
- Federal and state codes, laws and regulations relating to the
functions of this position.
- Collective bargaining practices, issues and labor contract
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
A full-time, 12-month certificated management position that reports
to the Vice President of Academic Affairs. Indexed to placement
on the Administrative, Management, Supervisors, and Confidential
Salary Schedule at the Director II level. This position is subject
to evening hours and weekends.
Prior to employment, the successful candidate will be required
to provide proof of legal residence entitling them to work in the
United Sates, consistent with the Immigration Act of 1986. Employment
is also dependent upon a satisfactory fingerprint check and tuberculosis
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Earned Master’s degree from an accredited institution
in an area appropriate to the responsibilities of the position
OR the equivalent.
- Minimum of one (1) year of successful management experience
with either vocational, occupational, military, or on-line educational
programs. Alternatively, two (2) years of experience as a full-time
vocational or occupational instructor may substitute for one year
of management experience.
- Successful community college teaching or other related work
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Initial placement on the Management Salary Schedule will be commensurate
with education and experience. The District provides an excellent
health and welfare package which includes medical, dental, vision,
life insurance and income protection. Current cost to employee is
$50 per month. Enrollment in the State Teachers Retirement System
(STRS) is required.
Environment: Office environment;
subject to interruptions. Frequent business/industry contact externally.
Physical Abilities: Dexterity of
hands and fingers to operate a computer terminal; hearing and speaking
to exchange information and make presentations; sitting for extended
periods of time.
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
FIRST PAPER SCREENING WILL OCCUR March
The District is an equal opportunity employer. The policy of the District
is to encourage applications from ethnic and racial minorities, women,
persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era veterans. No person shall
be denied employment because of ethnicity or race, color, sex, age,
religion, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national
origin, medical conditions, status as a Vietnam-era veteran, ancestry
or political or organizational affiliation.
Interested applicants must submit:
- Letter of Application to include, but not limited to, information
on related knowledge and experience specified in the job description.
- Completed District Application for Academic or Administrative
- Copies of all transcripts verifying educational (official transcripts
required upon offer of employment).
- A list of at least 3 references with contact information.
Above materials are to be submitted to the:
Human Resources Office, Barstow College,
2700 Barstow Road, Barstow, CA 92311
Contact Human Resources for an application and job description:
Telephone: 760/252-2411 Ext. 7232
All applications will be reviewed by a qualified screening committee.
Applications will be evaluated, taking into account the breadth
and depth of relevant education, experience, skills, knowledge and
abilities. A select group of candidates will be invited for an oral
interview. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the
candidate an interview. Final interviews will be conducted by the
Vice President of Academic Affairs.
Note: Any application, resume or other materials submitted for
employment at Barstow College will become property of the District,
and will not be returned to the applicant.
The Barstow Community College District reserves the right to reopen
any position, readvertise or to delay the filling of any position.
Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
OBTAINING AN APPLICATION
An application can be downloaded from this web page to expedite the
application process. Please refer to the
|| Click on the page icon to the left to download an application.
Choose the save option, open the file in your word processor,
fill out the application and send it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may contact Human Resources to have an application
and job description mailed to you.
Phone: (760) 252-2411
Fax: (760) 252-6777
TTY: (760) 252-6759
Copyright © 1998-2002 Barstow College. All rights reserved