Barstow Community College is an open-access learning environment that promotes critical thinking, communication, personal and professional responsibility, and global awareness by offering quality courses, programs, and support services.
Barstow Community College is committed to:
- Fostering an innovative learning environment that respects the diversity of individual backgrounds, abilities, and cultures.
- Offering programs to prepare students in basic skills, career and technical education, lifelong learning opportunities, and comprehensive lower division courses that meet articulation agreements for student transfer to four-year colleges and universities.
- Promoting student engagement and retention through caring customer service, strong student support services, and campus involvement opportunities.
- Providing counseling and other support services to assist students in the identification of their goals and achievement of their personal, educational, and employment potential.
- Partnering with local agencies, businesses, schools, and military bases to promote positive community development and economic growth.
- Providing career and technical education and workforce development programs and courses that give students the knowledge, skills, and certification necessary for success in the workplace.
- Using institutional research to further develop courses, programs, and services.
- Increasing access to all students by continuing to promote and develop our extensive distance education program.